Our intensive, part time, 16H course, will teach you everything you need to know about the most popular frontend framework amongst Israeli startups.
At Developers Institute, educational excellence is a community effort. We make sure you can always rely on our in-house team of experts to provide guidance and support whenever you need it.
What will you learn ?
- Understand React and its ecosystem.
- Master the tools used by modern frontend developers.
- Create a complete React project.
- Foundations - Node, npm + package.json and the role of open-source libraries in front end work.
- Essential tools for frontend work - Static analysis with ESLint and Stylelint, formatting with Prettier, ECMAScript transpilation with Babel, compilation and building with Webpack.
- React and DOM manipulations - Understanding how React interacts with the DOM and how that compares to more traditional ways of building web sites and web apps.
- A web app from A to Z - Introduction to all the ingredients necessary for building a production-ready Progressive Web App. Setup, routing, styling, store/state, API services, side effects, performance, build process, etc.
- Redux - What's a state tree and why do you need it? Primer on flux architecture, uni-directional data flow with actions, reducers and middleware. Intro to immutable data and its benefits (via immer).
- Routing - What's a Single Page App? How to create and manage routes in a React app and how to protect routes with an authentication system. Taught via react-router.
- Side effects - All the non-functional work in your app, including and especially interactions with external APIs. Why and how to separate services from your components. Taught via redux-saga.
- Make it pretty - Without getting into the details of CSS, what are the strategies for adding styling to your React app? PostCSS, SASS, CSS Modules, CSS-in-JS.
- What goes where? - How to create a robust yet flexible architecture for your app. Basics of DRY code and separation of concerns through the components vs containers paradigm.
- Testing your app - What are the different kinds of testing? Intro to unit testing with Jest and react-testing-library. Intro to browser compatibility concerns.
New developments in React - Looking at some of the most recent and interesting projects around React. Including React VR/360, React Native and Native Windows, static sites with Gatsby and more.
At DI, educational excellence is a community effort. We make sure you can always rely on our in-house team of experts to provide guidance and support whenever you need it.